10 April 2015

Piano Practice - Hikari by Shimomura Yoko


Proof! One of my goals this year is to practice the piano more. Ideally, I want to finish one song a month, but it looks like time is not on my side, or rather, different priorities seem to be taking precedent. Le sigh...ah well. Regardless, this is at least a start to the dream. Bwa ha ha!! I will continue to practice this song to make it better than what I have posted above, but I consider it "finished" and will now start a new song. Until then...enjoy my mistake riddled version until I improve on it. I would like to get it at least halfway as awesome as Kyle's.

Just in case you're interested, the song is played on a Yamaha Clavinova, and has been transposed up by 4 steps. The song was originally composed by Shimomura Yoko, but the piano arrangement above is by the awesome Kyle Landry. It was transcribed by zorzy and edited by EPSILON. Also, I skipped the first page of the sheet music because somehow, I like the slow, sombre start better...

What's next on the roster? Groose's Theme from the game, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's a shorter song, with a lot of...rats! I've already forgotten the name for notes with a dot on the top...ah wait! Staccato notes! Yes! This new song has a lot of staccato notes in it, so it's a little different. Hikari is smooth and flowing; Groose's Theme is all awkward and stomping. Definitely a nice contrast that will help me improve (hopefully!) piano techniques and style.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...